Friday, May 04, 2007

“Do Not Let Your Hearts Be Troubled"

Today's Gospel reading is fitting as a closure to the semester and even more fitting as I look onward to the hopes and dreams that this summer, with the blessings of the internship I am about to embark on, that bode so well for me in the future.
Jesus said to his disciples:
"Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places.
If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. Where I am going you know the way."
Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?"
Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me."
-- John 14:1-6
This passage speaks so loudly on the call to one's vocation. What are we called to? As Jesus said: "In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?" In the Father's plans there are many places we are to go, but only one final dwelling place that the Lord has prepared.

As I look back on the month that was with all the trouble (personal, within our house, and in Blacksburg) that has led me to this day, I look forward so to the days ahead and the year to come from this day forward. The Lord has indeed has prepared us a place...and in time we shall all find that glory. Glory to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment